About The Great Controversy Project
The Great Controversy Project is a unique presidential initiative with the goal of distributing massive quantities of Seventh-day Adventist Church co-founder Ellen G. White's book, The Great Controversy, as part of the church’s worldwide Tell the World emphasis. Each Division, Union, and Conference is making plans for this mass distribution in their area. The various ministry departments of the church are also making plans to incorporate the distribution in their ministries.
Why was the The Great Controversy chosen? Because it contains an engaging presentation of the love and ultimate victory of God in the battle between good and evil. Its impact can be powerful and life-changing for the 21st century reader.
How we hope to reach the world
Step #1: THE PURPOSE
Spreading the powerful life-changing message of The Great Controversy throughout the world.
Step #2: THE POTENTIAL
Experiencing untold blessings with God's help and the cooperation of the world church family, and learning from the challenges.
Step #3: THE PROGRAM
The Great Controversy Project integrates with the Tell The World denominational quinquennial program, helping to accomplish the Mass Literature Distribution objective. It is complimentary to the Revival and Reformation emphasis as well as the local (Division) church initiatives.
Step #4: THE PLAN
To personally read or re-read The Great Controversy in 2011, and to distribute and promote its mass distribution from 2012 to 2013.
Step #5: THE PARTNERS
Every member and entity of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is a partner in making The Great Controversy Project a success and blessing to the world.
Project Goals for The Great Controversy Project
Project Goals for the Great Controversy Project 2011
- Renew interest in The Great Controversy within our membership through personal reading and individual and corporate promotion.
- Develop specific distribution strategies.
- Prepare the Great Controversy Project book production logistics necessary for the 2012 and 2013 mass world distribution.
Project Goals for the Great Controversy Project 2012-2013
- A book into every home
- Member Targets
- Goal 1 – Sharing one book
- Goal 12 – Sharing one book a month
- Goal 52 – Sharing one book a week
- Goal 365 – Sharing one book a day
- Donors—Individual and Organizations
- Conference, Union, Division, General Conference
- Educational Institutions & Publishing Entities
- Institutions: Health Care, Service Organizations, Other
Follow Up Strategy
Place the Great Controversy Project contact information into the inside and covers of The Great Controversy. The contact form will include:
- The local church or conference
- Free Bible correspondence courses and literature
- Local Adventist TV and radio programs
- Personal one-to-one contact
The Great Controversy Project Desired Outcomes
- Spreading the Gospel truth, resulting in transformed lives
- Honoring Ellen G. White’s desire to distribute The Great Controversy
- Facilitating blessings for the people and entities receiving the distribution
- Involvement of all media outlets and avenues of communication
- Uniting the church in working on a global project that will continue to witness in a ripple effect
- Investing now in the Great Controversy Project for the future
- Aiding the global publishing houses in fulfilling their missions
Statements from Ellen White
“Instruction has been given me that the important books containing the light that God has given regarding Satan’s apostasy in heaven should be given a wide circulation just now; for through them the truth will reach many minds.” Colporteur Ministry, p. 123
“The Great Controversy should be very widely circulated. It contains the story of the past, the present, and future… I am more anxious to see a wide circulation for this book than for any others I have written; for in The Great Controversy, the last message of warning to the world is given more distinctly than in any of my other books.” Colporteur Ministry, p. 127
A Message from Ted Wilson
At the beginning of the new quinquennium, President Ted Wilson challenged the world field to attempt a great feat for God by undertaking a massive world-wide distribution of The Great Controversy. Why? The Great Controversy contains an engaging presentation of the love and ultimate victory of God in the battle between good and evil. Its impact can be powerful and life-changing for the 21st century reader.
The challenge is based on: 1) Revelation 18:1 that describes how God will illuminate the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ “And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory,” and 2) on the urgency of Ellen White to give this book an unparalleled distribution, “The Great Controversy should be very widely circulated. It contains the story of the past, the present, and the future… I am more anxious to see a wide circulation for this book than for any others I have written; for in The Great Controversy, the last message of warning to the world is given more distinctly than in any of my other books” (Colporteur Ministry, 127).